Poached Eggs In Tomato Sauce With Homemade Merguez (Shakshouka)
Ingredients for 3 servings:
● 1 ½ tablespoons Origin 846 olive oil
● 3 cloves garlic, minced
● 1 small onion, chopped
● 2 cups crushed tomato (485 g)
● 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
● 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
● 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
● 1 tomato, diced
● 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley (10 g)
● 6 ounces of merguez sausage, sliced
● 4 eggs, room temperature
● parsley, chopped, to garnish
1. Heat the oil and add the diced onions, crushed garlic, and diced bell peppers.
2. Cook until the onions and peppers are soft, about 5 to 7 minutes.
3. Add the spices: paprika, cumin powder, your choice of chili, diced hot pepper, salt/pepper.
4. Add the sliced merguez, continue to cook for another 10 minutes.
5. Add the diced tomatoes and continue cooking for another 20-25 minutes, or until the tomatoes have broken down and you start to have a nice thick sauce.
6. Add the eggs, cover, and cook until the whites are fully cooked and the yolks are done to your preference, about 10-12 minutes.
7. Remove the pan from the heat, sprinkle with freshly chopped cilantro, Serve immediately with avocado slices, bread or toasted pita bread, etc.